Grass Valley, CA (December 19, 2018) – AJA Video Systems is now shipping HDR Image Analyzer, a powerful real-time HDR monitoring and analysis solution developed in partnership with Colorfront to help high dynamic range productions achieve more engaging visuals. HDR Image Analyzer features waveform, histogram and vectorscope monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content for broadcast and OTT production, post-production, QC and mastering.
Fusing AJA’s production-proven video I/O with HDR analysis tools from Colorfront in a compact 1RU chassis, HDR Image Analyzer features a comprehensive toolset for monitoring and analyzing HDR formats including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer) and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) for 4K/UltraHD workflows. HDR Image Analyzer takes in up to 4K sources across 4x 3G-SDI inputs and loops the video out, allowing analysis at any point in the production workflow. Additional feature highlights include:
- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST 2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- Support for scene referred ARRI®, Canon®, Panasonic®, RED® and Sony® camera color spaces
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine™
- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- Nit levels and phase metering
- False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- File base error logging with timecode
- Reference still store
- UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs, with loop out
- SDI auto signal detection
- Loop through output to broadcast monitors
- Three-year warranty
HDR Image Analyzer is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for HDR Image Analyzer.
Pricing and Availability
HDR Image Analyzer is now available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $15,995 MSRP. To order or find more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/hdr-image-analyzer.